Monday, April 07, 2008

Radio Blah Blah

Terry Wogan was funny this morning. We’ve had a little bit of snow and ice this weekend, it’s caused a few problems. He sang thus (approximately):
Good King Wenceslas looked out
Two weeks after Easter
Traffic stuck on roundabouts
Every hill a pist-e
It didn’t bother Northerners
They didn’t care in Pres-ton
In Newcastle the men went out
With only shorts and ve-ests on

Also, I had fun this weekend on This Site finding out whether I am a geek, a nerd or a dork.
Your Score: Pure Geek (I was so right!) 43 % Nerd 65% Geek 34% Dork
You scored better than half in Geek, earning you the title of: Pure Geek. It’s not that you’re a school junkie, like the nerd, and you don’t really stand out in a crowd, like the dork, you just have some interests that aren’t quite mainstream. Perhaps it’s anime, perhaps it’s computers, perhaps it’s bottlecaps, perhaps it’s all of those and more. Your interests take you to events and gatherings that are filled with people you find unusual and beyond-the-pale, but you don’t quite consider yourself “of that crowd.” Instead, you consider yourself to be fairly normal.
Which, you are.
My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
You scored higher than 25% on nerdiness
You scored higher than 90% on geekosity
You scored higher than 61% on dork points

Don't try to access it at work, as it's on OKCupid, which is blocked.

The dress, which the material in the last post is for, is now finished except for the hem on the open ends of the belt (it’ll take about two minutes to do that bit) but the light was so poor by the time I was finished that I couldn’t take photos. I have not decided whether to take the photos of it on my mannequin (yey – no me in the pic!) or whether to put it on and venture outside. Since it’s very thin, I’m thinking I’ll go for the mannequin option. I’m really quite pleased with how it’s turned out. It’s a good length, it floats nicely. The stripes look funky and the floral trim works much better than I thought it might! It’s all because of the teeny tiny felted tote which is my bag for the wedding.

No comments: