Monday, May 14, 2007

Reverse order post

We’re still awaiting the PTH results. I suspect that they will announce today.

I had another driving lesson on Sunday evening. It was raining, which wasn’t pleasant. I did two rather shoddy parallel park manoeuvres, and lots of emergency stops! (Fun, in the rain)
Trying to remain calm in the face of the impending test.

After lunch on Sunday we went to New Look. I almost bought lots of clothes for my holiday, but ended up only buying a new pair of trousers for work. They are fab, mind you.

For Sunday lunch we went out and met some friends who don’t live in York any more. It was very pleasant to see them again, although it was a bit of a flying visit. We must sort ourselves out and go visit them some time. We still haven’t seen their new pad!

On Saturday night we went to perhaps the most peculiar barbeque I have ever been to. It was at the Royal York, and as it was raining, it was mostly inside. We had a proper sit-down starter with melon and strawberries, which was lovely. Then we had barbeque food (I had steak and a fish kebab) and then we had strawberries and cream. Yum. After that we had a bit of a boogie.

Saturday afternoon we went for a look around the shops at Monks Cross, to look at some t-shirts that Leon wanted. I bought some flight socks for the flight to America too. (We now have a “things for holiday” box) As I was feeling a bit low, I treated myself to some more nice Radox bubble bath and a body brush with anti-cellulite massagine nodules on one side and a nice scrubby brush on the other side. Not for use wet. We also had a look at Lily Allen’s new range in New Look. On first glance I wasn’t enamoured, but having considered that position I think I like a couple of the dresses, if worn with belts. I dislike the new “gold” range in there though.

On Saturday morning I was feeling especially low. I made the mistake of weighing and measuring myself. After the week we’ve had I should have expected it not to be good. It’s so frustrating though! I haven’t lost any weight (well, a pound or two, maybe) since January when I joined the gym. I also haven’t lost any girth. It’s just not on. I don’t care what all these people say about how skinny isn’t the answer because I don’t want to be skinny I want to be lean. There is a difference. Anyway, I guess we’ll see how that goes. Leon’s got me listening to a podcast by some American chap who claims to have the answer to meeting my fitness goals, I quote: “Doctors don’t know, Diet Clinics don’t want to know, Health Club Owners don’t care, Personal Trainers – they care, but they don’t always have all of the information either.” But he says that he knows. He says it’s something to do with protein and two types of carbs. Frankly, I’m as puzzled now as I was before!

No comments: