Monday, August 27, 2007

Knitting lists

Now that I'm on Ravelry as Tsuki, I have finally compiled a list of the projects that I want to make. These range from simple things (like a crochet scarf, since I'm new at crochet) and small things like bags, to more complicated lacy patterns and big things (like the sudoku blanket I'm making!). It has also given me the chance to put some items from my stash into the queue too. That means two things: I know what I have left in my stash for using up, and I also know what yarn I now need to make the projects I have in my queue.

As my Secret Pal pointed out, that could be useful to them - though they might not be on ravelry, so, here's the list:
Simply Knitting's Fingerless Mittens – using two balls from my stash in purple and green.
Simply Knitting's Crochet Carrier Various Aran/DK - again, a stash buster
Simply Knitting (July) Cushion Covers Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran (4 balls per cover) – I think I could do this with some other yarn, possibly something better for washing as cushions in this house are treated pretty rough. I also might want to alter the pattern for the small (10”) cushions with my sofa bed.
Furry Friend Elle Pure Gold 4-Ply x 2 and Elle Furry Friends x 1
Green Goddess Artesano Alpaca Inca Mist Baby Alpaca x12
Beautiful Berry (Simply Knitting Spring 07) Emu Superwash DK (grape) x11 Wendy shimmer x 2 (berries)
Punk Rock Backpack (SnB Handbook) Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted x 5 – four colours for the monkey one, again, I might not want to do this in the colours (or maybe not even the yarn recommended) from the book. I’m thinking of doing more than one in several colours to send as a gift.
Fluffy Cuff Mittens (SnB Handbook) I thought I had appropriate yarn for these, but I;m not sure as I don’t think my fluffy pink goes with the pinks I have. I’m going to ask Leon what he thinks!
Cabled Newsboy Cap - Headline News (SnB Nation Blue Sky Alpacas Worsted Hand Dyes x2 – I bet I can do these in an alternative yarn too.
Razor's Edge (SnB Nation) Gift? Brown Sheep Lambs Pride Bulky x5 – or similar, I might try out some other bulky (chunky) yarns here too.
Spiderweb Capelet Greek Wool 1 – I have already tried to knit this without referring to the online corrections. I will try again.
Accidentally on Purpose Drop Stitch Vest Patons Grace 7
SK Issue 31 - Pink Sunshine Debbie Bliss Rialto x 10
SK Issue 32 - Summer Classic Sirdar Ocean x 6
SK Issue 32 - Beautiful in Blue Bergère de France Bergereine x 14 [I love the shade Serpolet {though I'm not usually a green person} and might go for that, though it's not cheap!]
SK Issue 32 - Coastal Shades Lane Borgosesia Cashwool x 2 - SK used Blue Heather and Latte, but other combinations might be nice. Looks like one skein goes a long way too! I don’t see those colours at Angel Yarns, so I might have to hunt for them or alternatives at some point.
Anyway, I intend to finish at least two of my four WIPs before I begin any of these projects. I love that I can have a “to do” list on ravelry though!

No comments: