Friday, June 13, 2008

Sad News

Many of you who read this blog will know that about two years ago (on July 17th 2006), OH and I bought two Dwarf Russian Hamsters who we named Aston and Martin.
Almost a year ago, after a brief illness, Martin sadly passed away.
Last night, when we came back from the gym, Aston was laying in his house very quietly. He responded to my voice, but only in the slightest of movements. We left him alone in peace, and as we suspected would be the case, he died overnight.

As you can imagine, OH and I are quite sad. But Aston was around 2 years old (which is the life expectancy for Dwarf Russian Hamsters).

As with when Martin died, I’d like to share some of my favourite pictures of Aston with you.
Image Heavy Post from this point!

Here he is not long after we got him with his brother Martin (Aston is the dark one)  Aston and Martin This is one of my favourites, he’s so inquisitive!  Aston He loved to burrow in the sawdust  Aston in sawdust And he was always on the lookout for food!  Aston We’ll miss him.

4 comments:

Dianne said...

I'm so sorry to hear about little Aston. Pets, no matter how large or small, still take a piece of our hearts with them when they go.

[[[hugs]]]

Liz said...

Such sad news about Aston and Martin. Little creatures can leave a massive hole.
xx

kasiaiscarly said...

I'm behind in blog reading, so sorry about your loss. Pets are so important and it's so sad when they pass :(

Unknown said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Even little pets have a big impact on our lives.