My needles for Corsica arrived. I must confess, I have knit a swatch. Normally I don’t swatch, but I do have good reason to this time:
- the yarn is a different weight than the pattern calls for
- the yarn is Noro – other Noro yarns have bloomed quite a lot when washed
- the pattern starts with a sideways cable band, so I can’t use that as a swatch
Anyway, I was reading my usual blog list, and spotted Britknitter’s Gratitude List and thought it was a really nice idea. A way of making you feel good about yourself by thinking about the things you have to be grateful about. So here’s mine.
- My Boyfriend. He understands my yarn habit, he encourages me in life when I need it and has the most reassuring hug
- My Family. Yes, they occasionally drive me nuts, but they are there no matter what. If I feel crappy, or happy, they’ll pick up the phone and laugh with me; even when I feel crappy because they cheer me up!
- My Friends. Especially the ones who even after a long break of not seeing them are just the same even if they’re different.
- My knitting group. I know some of you read here, and you have no idea how much I appreciate you guys!
- Knitting. I love having a productive hobby!
- Knitbloggers. I have an array of knitblogs that I read. They take the edge off an otherwise rubbish day.
- Green People Lip Care, because I have a habit of picking my lips when I’m stressed and bleeding lips are not attractive.
- My bath. I couldn’t do without a decent bath. My bath has its flaws, but it allows me to have a long soak in deep bubbly water with candles (on coasters, safety first) (add a G&T or a large wine and I’m properly indulged!)
- My job. It sucks, but at least I have one.
- You, the reader. For surfing on in here and bothering to read my ramblings!